So much has been happening and so many new products have launched since we opened in June 2019. I would first love to say a massive thank you for all your support and all the amazing reviews and feedback we have received. The response we have had is truly humbling. Thank you.
As we spend a great deal more time at home and not wearing as much makeup or are exposed as much pollution (there are some great perks for all this) you can use this time to let your skin take a break and come out of all this with your best skin yet.
So this month I wanted to share with you my top 5 ways to come out of isolation with your most beautiful happy, healthy skin.
- Ensure you are drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. Dehydrated skin can look dull and uneven, be dry and itchy and fine fines can appear more noticeable. Drinking more water can also help to flush out some toxins in the body that can cause premature aging and acne.
- Getting into the sun for at least 10 minutes a day. Being in the sun for at least 10 minutes a day before 9am and after 4pm are the safest times to be in the sun without sunscreen on. This allows for vitamin D to be absorbed into your skin without the harsh and damaging UV rays. The active part of vitamin D is called Calcitriol and helps in skin cell repair, metabolism, healthy cell growth and prevents skin aging.
- Eating lots of organic healthy fresh fruits and veggies, especially those high in antioxidants and omega 3,6 and 9. We all know the importance of eating a healthy diet for our bodies but what you might not know is that our skin is one of the last places to receive the vitamins and minerals from the food we eat. A diet rich in antioxidants and omega fats will help give the skin the boost it needs to be as healthy as possible. Choosing organic fruits and veggies will help decrease the number of toxins within the body.
- Getting a sweat up daily. The best way to get any excess toxins from deep in the skin to the surface is to open the pores and flush them out. The easiest way to do this is to get sweating. Moving your body in a way that you love is the best and most fun way to do it. Once you have finished just cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser (Athonika Age Defender Cleanser will clean your skin with stripping it) to remove the toxins that have come out. Some ideas could be running, dancing, playing tennis or wrestling with the kids.
- Bathing in a warm bath with your favourite essential oil and some magnesium. The best thing I love about bathing in some magnesium and my favourite oil is that it is my time. No one is allowed to enter and I can just soak my worries and stresses away for a while. The emotional release I get from doing this simple act of self- love weekly is amazing. My skin loves it. Magnesium helps the skins overall appearance, helps to reduce acne and other skin disorders by lowering the cortisol levels, improves skin cell turnover and promotes the growth of healthy skin cells.
There is always something positive to come out of something negative and one of those positive things could be that you get happy healthy skin.
In other news we have launched several world-first products:
Our Lip balm is the only organic lip balm in the world that naturally rebuilds the collagen and elastin in your lips over 2 weeks to help stop premature aging and it hydrates and protects the lips to help prevent dehydration and cracking.
Athonika Acne Spot treatment is the only one of its kind, while all other acne products, especially the spot treatments stop the pimple from coming out and leaving the infection in the skin, Athonika Acne Spot Treatment draws out the pimple within 3-4 days and then clears out the infection reducing the chance of another pimple forming.
Athonika Bikini Spot treatment is the only organic ingrown product in the world. The beautiful light serum rolls over the ingrown hair to help bring it to the surface for easy removal and quick healing with less chances of scaring.
And launched just this week is our Age Defender eye cleanser that removes all makeup including waterproof makeup, gently and without damaging the sensitive area of the eye contour area.
This and many more products are available through our website, order yours today.
Lastly, with Mother’s Day just around the corner, we have launched our limited edition Age Defender Eye Care Range gift boxes. With luxury and results-driven actives to help smooth over the lines of time, this is truly a beautiful gift box set for your Mum. It contains our Age Defender eye cleanser, Age Defender Eye Cream, Age Defender Eye Serum and a new product yet to be released, (Athonika Age Defender Night Serum for the face) plus a secret little gift as a keepsake. We can post this beautiful gift set direct to you Mum just in time for Mother’s Day morning.
Have a great month and we will see next month with some really exciting news, I can’t wait.